Thailand Reopens More Sandbox Locations
Thailand will reopen 3 more Sandbox destinations from 11 January 2022, after the nation has agreed to increase the ban of the Test & Go system. After making journey simpler in late-2021, Thailand has paused the scheme which allowed vacationers to skip necessary quarantine.
Thailand plans to deal with the virus as endemic in 2022 because it appears to rebuild its tourism financial system. In 2019, Thailand attracted virtually 40 million guests. However, customer numbers have flatlined since March 2020.
The New Sandbox Schemes
From January 11, 2022, vacationers can journey to Thailand underneath three new Sandbox schemes: Krabi, Phang-Na, or Surat Thani, in addition to the Phuket Sandbox scheme. Travelers should guarantee they’ve organized every little thing earlier than making use of for the Sandbox Thailand Pass.
Travelers would require:
- A vaccination certificates
- A pre-arrival damaging RT-PCR check end result
- Prepaid 7-nights lodging in an authorised resort
- Prepaid RT-PCR checks for when in Thailand
- An insurance coverage coverage with protection of a minimum of $50,000
Travelers should keep a minimum of the primary 7 nights inside Sandbox locations. However, if vacationers want to depart their lodging earlier than the 7-night-period, they have to go away the nation.
Travelers want to finish their 7 nights in resort quarantine earlier than touring to different locations inside Thailand.
The Suspension Of The Test & Go Thailand Pass Applications
The CCSA has additionally authorised the measure to droop the Thailand Pass system for brand spanking new registrations. However, the CCSA is at present reviewing entry measures for vacationers who’ve obtained their Thailand Pass QR code earlier than 22 December 2021 with scheduled arrival dates in Thailand from December 24, 2021.
Travelers planning to enter Thailand can apply for the Thailand Pass underneath one of many Sandbox packages or the Alternative Quarantine system.
The Current COVID-19 Situation In Thailand: 10 January 2022
COVID-19 instances have dropped in Thailand in current weeks. That stated, instances have spiked once more in current days. The present 7-day case average is 5,713; that’s a small enhance from the 7-day case common of 2,618 on December 19, 2021. Although COVID-19 instances are nonetheless approach behind the 21,784 7-day case common in August 2021.
Of course, this can create concern for a lot of vacationers planning to go to Thailand. The nation modifications its COVID-19 entry coverage frequently.
As we’ve seen within the earlier two years, something can occur in Thailand relating to COVID-19 journey restrictions.
The End Of The Africa Travel Ban
From January 11, 2022, Thailand will take away its ban on arrivals from African international locations. Therefore, vacationers from African nations can apply for the Thailand cross underneath one of many Sandbox schemes or an Alternative Quarantine system.
Thailand’s 26 “Blue Zone” Provinces Will Remain
The CCSA has authorised the upkeep of the 26 “Blue Zone” provinces with pilot vacationer locations. Blue zones have reached 70% vaccination ranges and are able to welcome worldwide guests.
- Ayutthaya (Mueang district solely)
- Pathum Thani
- Phetchaburi (Cha-Am district solely)
- Prachuap Khiri Khan
- Prachuap Khiri Khan (Mueang, Hua Hin, and Nong Kae districts solely)
- Samut Prakan (Suvarnabhumi Airport solely)
- Chanthaburi (just for Mueang and Tha Mai districts)
- Chon Buri (just for Bang Lamung, Ko Si Chang, Pattaya, and Si Racha districts, and solely Bang Sarey and Na Jomtien subdistricts in Sattahip district)
- Rayong (just for Ko Samet)
- Trat (just for Ko Chang and Ko Kut districts)
- Chiang Mai (Mueang, Chom Thong, Doi Tao, Mae Rim, and Mae Taeng districts solely)
- Chiang Rai (Mueang, Chiang Khong, Chiang Saen, Mae Chan, Mae Fah Luang, Mae Sai, Phan, Thoeng, Wiang Kaen, and Wiang Pa Pao districts solely).
- Ranong (Koh Phayam solely)
- Surat Thani (Ko Samui, Ko Pha-ngan, and Ko Tao solely).
↓ Join the group ↓
The Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the newest reopening information, conversations, and Q&A’s occurring day by day!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your e mail tackle to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s newest breaking journey information, straight to your inbox
Disclaimer: Current journey guidelines and restrictions can change with out discover. The choice to journey is finally your accountability. Contact your consulate and/or native authorities to verify your nationality’s entry and/or any modifications to journey necessities earlier than touring. Travel Off Path doesn’t endorse touring in opposition to authorities advisories